Friday, January 12, 2007

Presents have arrived

The presents we sent over to Brody arrived at Edwards house on Thursday 1/11. Edward has let us know that they are having a birthday party for Brody on Sunday after church. There is a special meal that they are going to be serving called "OTOR". What is "OTOR"? It is made from mashed yam, palm oil and boiled eggs. The significant of this asking the Almighty for more blessing and longer life. I think that is too adorable that they have this special meal for him. Edward will be taking lots of photo's for us of Brody opening presents, etc. Remember in the box we also sent some party favors for all the kids.

Other Updates: I had a great conversation with Lois (2 hours) on Wednesday night. We covers everything. It was really great. Lois lives in WA, and I'm not sure if you all know but WA was hit with a bad blizzard on Wed night. We talked about that, and waited for her husband to make it home, and her son to call that he got home too. It was just really great to chat with her about everything. We are sending over our Power of Attorney to Edward so he can go to the US Embassy to apply for the Visa for us. We will also be sending our I600 Application over with it, that way as soon as Daniel provides Edward with the Adoption Decree, he can start with the Visa. Edward is now a full time employee of Life's Vision - in Ghana they are called LVI-Ghana. He has truly been a great addition to the team, and having someone in country is great progress. Edward is going to take the children to get their Passports very soon! It's awesome!!!! Travel: not sure of dates yet....but we are thinking mid-March. Some things need to get worked out before we can just up and leave!!! I'd like to just up and leave, but it's not likely! I have called the Travel Clinic about the shots that I need. For those of you that really know me, you know that I'm not that good with needles LOL. So I'll be going for my consultation next week to start with all that fun! The great thing is that I may only need 3 or 4 shots, and the malaria I can probably just take the pill! FOOD: The topic of food came up with Lois the other night. I'm probably one of the worlds pickiest eaters :-) I'm packing granola bars, granola cereal(have any of you tried the new Nature Valley Crunch 100% Natural Cereal? It's awesome), I will probably bring other "dry" snack's. But I do want to try some of the more traditional food. We'll see how well that goes over!
Well that's about it for now!

Till next time.

Cheers,
Julz, Scott, Brody, Butch & Bella

1 comment:

- Beth said...

How cute he is! Congrats!

If I were you I would not worry much about products with a boy. We keep our boys hair short and when we lotion them up we do their heads too. The girls are the challenge.

I was happy to see the video. We played it for our little girl from Ghana (she is 3 and has been here since June). I am not sure if its a different language/dialect or if she has forgotten. She didn't react at all to it, but it was fun trying!

Good luck and I hope the paperwork goes quickly for you!