Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving


HI All,
Just wanted to wish you a very happy thanksgiving from our family to yours!!!
We have nothing really to report about Lois' trip in Ghana. I did hear from her on Wednesday, but she had not yet spent any "real" time with Brody yet. She did see him on Monday when he was at school, he looked well & happy!!
Lois is in another region of Ghana right now called HoHoe. She is working on another orphanage up there, and will return to the Greater Accra area on Saturday. She will be spending the day with Brody and the other children (Mo's) on Sunday & Monday.
During this time she will take them to the DR. She will show Brody the box of goodies we sent over, and she will share with them that they are going to come here to live with us as a "family". It brings tears to my eyes sometimes thinking about how he's going to react to that. Will he get it? Or will it just be no big deal....... I just can't wait to hear. We don't expect to have an update from Lois until she returns here to the States! That should be Tuesday, so maybe Thursday (yes 1 week) we'll have some updates & NEW PHOTOS!!!
Since it's been awhile since you all have seen a photo of Brody - here is one of the originals we have......from August!!!

So today I had Thanksgiving at my brothers with his wife, and 3 kids and my parents. Scott had to work (but he has Xmas off). It was a great day, and I had a blast with the kids!!! I think I'll be okay at this parenting thing ;-) I came home and it's FREEZING and the puggies were so excited that I was finally back. Of course I brought them some turkey - it's a big TREAT for them to get human food. The always get a little turkey on Thanksgiving & Christmas.

So tomorrow is one of my favorite days of the year!!!! I can decorate! I love Christmas, it's my favorite holiday (next to my birthday LOL!!!). So we'll get all ready, and the cards will be addressed over the weekend. NO I am not one of those that goes shopping tomorrow! I think anyone that goes shopping tomorrow might want to look into therapy!! LOL. It's a crazy day, I wait until the Saturday!!!LOL.

So good night all, hope you all had a beautiful day!!!

Cheers,
Julz, Scott, Brody & Pugs
Happy Thanksgiving to all

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you posted this. I thought Lois was coming back on Saturday, so I was looking for an email tomorrow. Glad to be prepared that I'll have to wait some more. :)
(We're adopting the baby girl and someone else from Ho Hoe.)