Sunday, November 26, 2006

What a difference some care makes....


What a different kiddo?? So as it's clear we received our update yesterday. It was a small one, but Lois has been SOOO Busy!!! We got 4 photo's yesterday.
What we were told:
1) Buy lot's of books he loves them (remember we sent a few with our care package).
2) He happy & he smiles a lot.
3) He's a totally different kid then when Lois first meet him (August). He ran up to her when she arrived at his foster care home.
4) He loved his shoes that light up when he walks!!!
Lois will be taking him to the doctors today so we are hoping that we'll have all of that information as well soon. Lois will be returning to the US on Tuesday, so she has 2 more days with our boy!!!
It's so great to see him smile. The first thing I noticed were that his teeth looked nice, looks like he has all of them LOL. His nails look cleaner than before, and those eyes are still telling a story.
So our response to Lois last night.....let's get him home!!! I'm even more anxious now!!! My fears about him being sad, are gone. It was that orphanage that made him sad. He didn't have that 1:1 love and attention that he needed!!!
Brody is in the foster care with 2 other children (Monica's) and they too are doing well.
I am hoping that Edward liked the camera we got him, and hopefully that means we'll have lot's of updated photo's for the next 2 months or so while we wait.
So it is our understanding that Daniel will file the papers this week in hopes for a court date early December with the "adoption friendly judges"!!!! I'm hoping for more information on that this week!!!
A few things we are still waiting on...... what was his reaction when Lois told him about us, and what did he think of the photo album. In one of the pictures we saw him looking at it. Did the clothes that we sent over fit okay? And the shoes, I take it if he likes them, they fit.....but want to confirm shoe size!
I'm thrilled that he loves books - heading to Borders today for a few more!!!!
So we continue to wait!!!! But it's going to be worth it in the end!!!
Cheers,
Julz, Scott & Brody

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God!!!! He is beautiful! That picture made my heart jump. He looks like a new boy and that smile is going to light up your life. I just can't wait until he's home...
Love to you,
Michelle

Unknown said...

A SMILE!!!!! BRODY SMILES!!!!! He is SO adorable Julz! I just can't wait until the day that he joins your family!
And where are the other pictures?! Can't wait to see!!!!!
Anita

Anonymous said...

He is the most beautiful thing! I can't wait to finally meet him!! Look at his eyes, he shows everything he's feeling right through those beautiful eyes!!! What a little doll! I'm waiting for my call that he's coming!

Love you both,
Crazy Auntie Lee

Anonymous said...

I got tears in my eyes when I saw that beautiful smile. I can't wait till he comes home & we all get to meet him!

Nancy