Wednesday, July 11, 2007

USCIS strikes again.......

Well it’s been awhile since I posted J but so much has been going on.

Last time I updated everyone we had 2 items on the list from USCIS that we needed.

Yesterday we received the final item!!! YIPPY - this came to us from Ghana, Romana sent the original Death Decree for Brody’s biological father.

I then sent it over night to the USCIS office in San Jose.

Last week I finally got Scott involved with the USCIS officer, because the man was just annoying me.

Well he evidently annoyed Scott as well LOL – not hard to do!

This man has a very condescending tone when he speaks, he told Scott “this is a very long and expensive process.”

Aren’t we glad he told us that – we had no idea (18 months later and $$$$$ out the yingyang).

We were told we were getting another letter from them with additional requests for MORE stuff! And the hits just keep on coming!

It was dated 6/29/2007 apparently – well ironically that came yesterday too (13 days US Mail from San Jose to Sunnyvale – about 12 miles – interesting).

In this letter he referenced for our I600A – what the heck – we did that over a year ago and that was approved. Argh they are just so bloody stupid there!

I called him this morning, and he said “it’s not my fault your husband doesn’t communicate to you properly” WHAT???? “I told him to disregard that letter”. Fine – but do you understand that this application is for I600 – not the I600A – we did that already. “YES” Good news! Finally he’s getting it. Stupid head!

He told me again that he needs the Death Decree – explained that it would be in the hands of the USCIS office by 10:30 this morning an original and a copy per the request. He said that once he has that he will forward our application to Ghana. Does that mean he’s approving it? Probably- but I got so annoyed (yes again) that I had to get off the phone with him!

We sent a letter to our Congresswoman yesterday, and hopefully she will be able to do a little more investigation for us.

It’s frustrating, and yes it’s a long process. But when you deal with people that just don’t seem to get it, or don’t do their own homework, it becomes more frustrating.

It’s like he hadn’t even really read our file. Why would he request a home study? UHHHH you already have one.

Dealing with these people at USCIS are like dealing with the DMV. It is absolutely ridiculous to have such incompetent people working our Federal Agency Departments! Don’t you think? Is there no checks & balances? Friends have applied for their I600’s in different states, and got approvals almost on the spot - what is the difference? Why is some documentation needed for some people, and other’s it’s not? If this is a Federal Agency they should require the same things no matter what state you live in. Not saying that I would want everyone to go through what we have been going through – but seriously – it’s a form of discrimination don’t you think?

We filed our I600 83 days ago (as of today) ~ can you believe that? 83 days - that is way to long to be waiting!!!! They told me when I dropped it off that it takes 30-60 days, okay so we are 23 days beyond their long estimate! It’s all just LAME!

I’ll stop complaining now – I just needed to get it off my chest!

The good news (hopefully) is that the dummy will send it this week, and we will be that much closer to having our Brody come home! FINALLY!!!

Love,

Julz, Scott & Brody

No comments: