Friday, May 18, 2007

Seriously - you have to love technology


Today was probably one of the most amazing days every.
I spoke to my son today!
Yes you heard me I spoke to my son.
I called him, he answered "hello mummy"
it was so adorable. We both had webcam, so we were able to see each other.
Scott came over, he saw him and said "daddy"!!!
I held Butchy Boy up to the camera and he smiled and said "Butch"
then Bella's turn - he said "Bella"
Which only means that he's really been looking at the pictures of them, and of us.
He loves the colors Blue & Green. He's excited about coming to America to live with us.
Can you believe I spoke with my son today - it was seriously awesome. Who would have thought we'd have that kind of ability.
When Romana told him that he was going to talk to his mommy - he went with her to her office, walked in and pointed at the computer and said "mummy". How funny that he thinks that mummy is in the computer. He's going to be surprised when we finally get there.
So that's still the big question. When will we get to go pick up our adorable little son?
Well June is a lost month. The US Embassy in Ghana is closed for 19 days as they are moving to a new building. So that is 19 days of NOTHING happening, and also 19 days of backlog in their office. Our file with the USCIS is still????? Pending - I think. I've been trying to reach them for the last 2 weeks. When I got Brody's birth certificate and passport, I emailed them copies, then I faxed them copies and still nothing. They claim to respond to emails within 48 hours - well today makes a lot more than 48 hours - so I'm bumming. I think I'm going to try and post mail them to them. They can't ignore me forever. The USCIS office said we'd hear soon - they process the I600 within 30 - 60 days but say it happens much faster. So I checked out our local office's pending list - according to it (updated on 4/18) they are processing I600's that were filed in Jan - so that's not good for us. When I called their customer service number they were so UNHELPFUL - it's a little crazy to think that they have no way of getting through to the local offices. So off our additional information will go - and then maybe off I go to the office to sit there for a few more hours again - hoping to get somewhere.
A question dawned on me today - why wouldn't I be able to get him a visitor visa? He has a passport??? I'm going to try and look a little more info up on that.
Well I think that I've gone on enough.
Today was one of the most amazing days AND I really wanted to share it with all of you.
Please pray that our I600 gets processed and approved soon - so that we can go pick up our son!

Love
Julz, Scott, Brody, Butch & Bella
xo
(picture above is of Brody sitting at the computer after we spoke - look at that smile!)

No comments: